Friday, March 08, 2013

January 22 NYC

An entry from earlier in the year......

January 22 2013 - New York City

I enjoyed yesterdays playing. It wasn't particularly focused - breaking in a new reed, some sound work, scales, Lacour etude, playing some tunes and free improvising. I moved between subjects freely and returned to a couple at different times. Little frustrations (the high register is bugging me lately) did not faze me which was nice. The lack of focus may have come about due to me being on the road (in NYC) and not having all my resources on hand. Lately I have been warming up with long tones played against a drone. Without the drone I zoned in on the unique qualities of each note - listening to where the note wanted to go, letting it be, listening to each notes individual character come shining through.

No comments: