Monday, August 15, 2016

Peter Ponzol in Saxophone Journal

In Nov/Dec 1993 issue of Saxophone Journal Mel Martin interviews Peter Ponzol who provides some background on how he got into the saxophone and design business.

His comment, "It's amazing what we think we hear from our side of the horn," resonates with me as I'm sure it does with my fellow saxophonists out there.

I know there have been times when something has been bugging me about my sound/playing and when I have listen back to the recording I do not hear it. Then there are the times when you listen back and hear something that wasn't apparent in the moment (for better or worse!). My practice of late has suffered due to a lack of regularity and I haven't been recording any of my sessions, but this article reminded me to press record when I picked up the horn later in the day and once again, Ponzol's comment rang true.

Click on the image to view the full article. More magazine articles can be found here.

No comments: