Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Music for Commuting: Alexander Berne

I’m pretty sure it was my friend James Wylie who put me onto the series of recordings that comprises Alexander Berne’s Composed and Performed By. I can't remember when exactly, but it couldn't have been that long after it was released (2010). Regardless, it had been ages since I had given these three discs a blast. An early morning trip to, and late night return from the airport felt like the appropriate time to be joined by The Abandoned Orchestra and The Soprano Saxophone Choir. While The Saduk got a run the following morning on the way to work. I know very little about Berne, and considering how much I enjoy these recordings, I'm not sure why I haven't bothered exploring further.
Composed and Performed By Alexander Berne

No comments: